Over the years, I’ve learned that trusting Jesus includes some of the following:
- Giving up on “Try Harder Spirituality” and embracing the reality that we can only be and do as God directs as he lives his life in and through us.
- Confessing that Jesus is smarter than us and submitting to his higher wisdom in our daily lives.
- Walking in faith and obedience, even when the road is hard and we may see only one step at a time.
- Allowing his word to dictate our decisions – including what we do with our time, money, bodies, desires, and relationships.
- Continually submitting our free will to him as an offering; willingly becoming a slave for Christ.
- Believing and receiving things that sound too good to be true, but are real and readily available to all of God’s children.
- Dying to self every day.
- Jumping at divine opportunities.
- Giving our fears and worries to him instead of living under their tyranny.
- Soaking in his grace and forgiveness.
- Living a life marked by love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
There are more…but which one of these resonates with you the most right now? Why do you think that is? What bullet points would you add to the list?